Eventful morning: part 1
Woke up to the cries of a 3yo in need: "go down!". Forced myself out of bed, made a quick scan of the living room: nothing.
Came into the kitchen to find:
1. A tall chair next to the kitchen counter and my kid sitting on the counter top.
2. An open jar of cookies, skillfully removed from to shelf (I'd assumed this to be far out of reach even if said kid would manage to climb the counter)
Eventful morning: part 2
3. Spray bottle which I filled with dishing soap about a week ago, now only containing bubbles.
4. A half eaten crisp bread (not so crisp anymore due to )
5. My favorite recipe collection, several pages about to fall out, the others soaking wet.
6. A raised part of the counter has a foamy puddle.
7. Bread kneading machine (unplugged) drenched in foamy water.
8. A kitchen knife (!) removed from its stand and easily within arms reach from kid.
Eventful morning: part 4 (last episode)
6. Firmly but calmly ask kid to play in kid's room. (Wife wakes up, realizes something is going on)
7. Back to kitchen, clean up on countertop. Wife cleans soap off of appliances and chair.
9. Mop the floor & repeat with new water five times before bubbles are gone. Wife makes coffee.
11. Sit down in couch with kid and have a long pedagogical talk.
12. Update kitchen hazard prevention plan.
13. Wife points out that coffee tastes soapy.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!