I'm quite sad about the Stallman thing and I'm worried that we're creating immense conformist pressure that stifles free thinking, free speech and the ability to question taboos and assumptions.
Oftentimes the people who claim to promote diversity and inclusiveness are actually quite intolerant of diversity of thought and opinion.
Wow, I remember listening to Lacuna Coil in the noughties and then forgot about them.
Their new song is awesome:
I'm always on the lookout for good metal with female vocals.
Here's the Soundcloud link:
I've finished my track (at least for now) and have uploaded it to #Funkwhale for the first time :D
TBH, I find the UI quite confusing and I don't understand how the sharing link is supposed to work.
Also looks like you need to have an account in order to listen?
In any case, here it is:
Converse.js 5.0.3 has been released which patches another vulnerability. Please update ASAP (Thanks and sorry for the quick succession of releases!)
I've just released Converse.js version 5.0.2, includes two security fixes. Please update ASAP.
Great chart here. Shows how small gold and bitcoin are today within the world's monetary system. Both have multiples to run but it will take a long time with or without a crisis.
Die EU macht gerade eine Umfrage über die Förderung von Freier und Open Source Software. Nimmt teil wenn ihr FOSS nutzt oder entwickelt.
#FOSS #EU #EUSurvey #EUFOSSA
If you are using Jabber/XMPP but haven’t been able to convince your friends yet, you should get them to use http://Quicksy.im instead. It will only take them 60 seconds to sign up and contact you on your regular XMPP address.
Based on a reply on the Fediverse, I've gone with https://funkwhale.mastodon.host which allows uploads of up to 1GB per user.
I'm working on a song that I'd like to publish soon. Until now I've just uploaded everything to Soundcloud, however I'd like to also try out Funkwhale.
I don't want to self-host an instance however.
Can someone recommend a good #Funkwhale instance?
CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES, THIS IS MY LAST RESORT 🎶 https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1155240345585750016
Infosec-Professionals: "Don't download and run random shit from the internet"
Also-Infosec-Professionals: "git clone $hackingtools && python ./hackingtools/random_shit.py"
There is one slide in my presentation on the State of the XMPP community that you should not miss out on: Conversations is getting support for Jingle audio/video calls. (Probably in early 2020)
1) there is a growing network of people working on a #public federated chat network based on XMPP. There has been a lot of activity in the space in recent years. This activity is partly due to the development sprints, many of which last year have been organized by @pep
2) a bunch of new (and existing) clients continue working on usability (cross platform, consistent UIs, support for mobile, end-to-end encryption). Particularly web clients such as ConverseJS by @jcbrand are promising.
3) A directory to search public discussion channels exists: https://search.jabbercat.org/rooms/1
4) Ongoing experimentation with what can be built on top of XMPP as a federated protocol by for example @Goffi
5) Conversations for Android has secured funding to implement a Voice / Video calls!
"Data isn’t the new oil, it’s the new CO2."
Software development and electronic music.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!