Great chart here. Shows how small gold and bitcoin are today within the world's monetary system. Both have multiples to run but it will take a long time with or without a crisis.
Die EU macht gerade eine Umfrage über die Förderung von Freier und Open Source Software. Nimmt teil wenn ihr FOSS nutzt oder entwickelt.
#FOSS #EU #EUSurvey #EUFOSSA
If you are using Jabber/XMPP but haven’t been able to convince your friends yet, you should get them to use http://Quicksy.im instead. It will only take them 60 seconds to sign up and contact you on your regular XMPP address.
Based on a reply on the Fediverse, I've gone with https://funkwhale.mastodon.host which allows uploads of up to 1GB per user.
I'm working on a song that I'd like to publish soon. Until now I've just uploaded everything to Soundcloud, however I'd like to also try out Funkwhale.
I don't want to self-host an instance however.
Can someone recommend a good #Funkwhale instance?
CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES, THIS IS MY LAST RESORT 🎶 https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1155240345585750016
Infosec-Professionals: "Don't download and run random shit from the internet"
Also-Infosec-Professionals: "git clone $hackingtools && python ./hackingtools/random_shit.py"
There is one slide in my presentation on the State of the XMPP community that you should not miss out on: Conversations is getting support for Jingle audio/video calls. (Probably in early 2020)
1) there is a growing network of people working on a #public federated chat network based on XMPP. There has been a lot of activity in the space in recent years. This activity is partly due to the development sprints, many of which last year have been organized by @pep
2) a bunch of new (and existing) clients continue working on usability (cross platform, consistent UIs, support for mobile, end-to-end encryption). Particularly web clients such as ConverseJS by @jcbrand are promising.
3) A directory to search public discussion channels exists: https://search.jabbercat.org/rooms/1
4) Ongoing experimentation with what can be built on top of XMPP as a federated protocol by for example @Goffi
5) Conversations for Android has secured funding to implement a Voice / Video calls!
"Data isn’t the new oil, it’s the new CO2."
The absence of true price discovery in an increasingly financialized economy and the subsequent failure of the private sector to allocate capital in a manner that is productive and useful for societies. https://twitter.com/katieeeeebell/status/1155958313579732992
"An artist never really finishes his work, he merely abandons it." - Paul Valery
I was reminded of this quote as I cut the 5.0.0 release of Converse.js #XMPP client last night.
This is a huge (yuuuge) release, but there is still much more that could be done and bugs that aren't yet fixed. Alas, I ran out of time.
A big new feature is support for XEP-0198 stream management with websocket. I'm now only using BOSH as a fallback, otherwise it's not really necessary.
So WhatsApp scans your content as you create it, if it find anything of interest it will silently send it to FB servers for analysis (all pre-encryption on the device side). Basically wiretapping on device. Pretty horrible stuff! https://twitter.com/paul_shetler/status/1155301922603094016
The efficiency of LEDs.
In the USSR two things could land you in prison: not having a job (known as social parasitism or idling) or entrepreneurship. There's a significant overlap between these two groups of people, and that's where most of the economic output of capitalism comes from.
Software development and electronic music.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!