• Adwaita: https://color.firefox.com/?theme=XQAAAALvAAAAAAAAAABBqYhm849SCiazH1KEGccwS-xNVAWBvcAhsgfp0AlQbJO-hguK42nbD-GtPmNC-bk-1S27wZ-gLh6ops24bldbfQ_aadC5GquZGzwh7ty_RHgDhHTKzn3bYRymFAFxKGt1ETLuXzWYhl1V_HEzdmBoGf8jHxqZDQ8IgEUGAFF0zxhb-1MN5_zbuLPzln3MbycItNIJBK8ItiEj7ki2HjdmN-eTss8wyb48_-9OCAA
• Adwaita Duotone (light + dark): https://color.firefox.com/?theme=XQAAAALsAAAAAAAAAABBqYhm849SCiazH1KEGccwS-xNVAWBvcAhsgfp0AlQbJO-hguK42nbD-GtPmNC-bk-1S27wZ-gLh6opy-zcGf0ZbURZAsrODFrkHF24CNL3vArzhyX8p5wqZttXXDztZMTuLtc9Cv1fuSfoTvkEPsrTNWyPw8HDf9bqROuW0ON3Jv1PekwKscCKHNnXzE7gq5c4jC9l3Sig3jcScxkfq8dT0WPhLkSR1zU-f_SuCAA
• Adwaita Dark: https://color.firefox.com/?theme=XQAAAALrAAAAAAAAAABBqYhm849SCiazH1KEGccwS-xNVAVOcxwwEKjgWjaUyVzn8lnbnr7nb_-J4klZZwB7uUHedBAa-le0BtCAix_Xz2xaAgCDZnYRnDMhePCiead72DjM8mUeztVveE3MvFnJSwM6tazFxXJ0_WaOE-MZx_XmJPexY0lH2FvkjRJc7Bx0Fu278tiMWzK_9J22FbntHmdeSgkHWbrKXGMY70q7VZAFNl53GGNTgRQ7PA3r6-7ajf3ZbYA
(Be sure to first install Firefox Color @ color.firefox.com)
RT @AndrewWrites@twitter.com: FUN FACT: the $10k gold Apple Watch Edition that came out three years ago won’t get new software updates starting this fall
(Note: I'm not asking @Gargron to do even more work; these suggestions are ways to share the load of work; they also provide ways where others can get involved early and often too!
They're all positive things for FOSS community software.
…And all small projects have growing pains when they become wildly successful. But free & open source software is more than just programming; it's about enabling *everyone* in all sorts of ways.)
Some ideas to help @Gargron implement a few of those points would be:
1. Design phase where features are written up and mockups are made. It provides a clearer vision of features, and people can start to have a conversation to make things better before code is written. (We do this for the Cockpit project)
2. Community blog form of a changelog, where ideas & contributions are credited and highlighted each release (Dolphin does an amazing job at this; we also try to do this over at Cockpit too)
It makes me sad to see @cassolotl go, after all the hard work they did on helping to make the fediverse and specifically Mastodon a better place for everyone.
@cassolotl's requirements in https://medium.com/@cassolotl/i-left-mastodon-yesterday-4c5796b0f548 are all completely reasonable and I hope @Gargron takes them seriously and implements each.
"I left Mastodon yesterday"
In fine Mastodon storming-off tradition, I've written a flipping long Medium post.
GitLab sees huge spike in project imports
(submitted by AgentK20)
For anyone wishing to try #Tootle from @bleakgrey on their Linux desktop but not wanting to build themselves, I created a Flatpak! You can get it from https://gitlab.com/cagatay-y/tootle-flatpak/-/jobs/artifacts/master/download?job=flatpak_bundle
Open Source Dev Musings / Fork-off Show more
When someone tells you to "Just fork it" it is always a power play from their side. They are saying it because they know that you alone can't do anything about it.
They know you can't fork it if you're not a coder.
They know you can't fork it if you only understand front-end stuff.
They know you can't fork it alone.
Telling someone you know can't fork it to do it is equivalent to Fuck off, or #ForkOff as some other people said it.
computer nerd, UX/interface designer, software developer, Free Software / Open Source advocate, photographer
Generalistic and moderated instance. All opinions are welcome, but hate speeches are prohibited. Users who don't respect rules will be silenced or suspended, depending on the violation severity.