This year I will be arriving to Brussels by train from Germanu. The journey starts now. See you all at #FOSDEM!
@aperezdc Additional things I love about train travel versus flying:
- being able to get up and walk around whenever you want
- no seatbelts needed
- ability to change seats (as long as the train isn't full)
- restaurant section
- no security checks
- can just show up and hop on
- free WiFi (often) and cell signal as backup (intermittent, though)
- actual leg room for tall people
- miss a train? hop on the next (sometimes for no extra cost)
- regional tickets
@garrett I'll add a couple of reasons more:
- Many trains have groups of four seats around a table. Great to travel with a group. Bring out some board game or a deck of cards along!
- In Europe a ticket for a long distance train usually includes riding the local commuter trains in the origin and destination areas. Sometimes this covers other local transport (tram, bus, metro) as well.
- Sleeper cars in some overnight routes.
...and probably I'm still missing some
Generalistic and moderated instance. All opinions are welcome, but hate speeches are prohibited. Users who don't respect rules will be silenced or suspended, depending on the violation severity.