* To disrupt the state in the execution of mass arrests, mass internment, democide and Genocide.
* To sabotage the state's ability to carry out such acts.
* To overthrow the state to end these acts.
* To capture those responsible to put on trial at an international tribunal.
In the event of a state going full fascist. In the even that both democide and Genocide are possible.
Those who are of The Covenant are to:
* Document the abuses of the state.
* Gather evidence of crimes against humanity, including disappearing of dissidents, the use of concentration camps for mass detentions, the evolution of concentration camps into death camps.
* To get the evidence abroad for safe storage and dissemination to appropriate bodies, including the Hague.
I could not vote for any of the candidates on offer at my local elections as they were from the main three English parties and I just cannot vote for any of them with good conscience. So I deliberately spoiled my ballot as that gets counted as a spoiled ballot rather than merely an incomplete one. I just wrote 'none of these' across the top of the ballot.
I find it funny how our Western governments go to the Myanmar junta "don't go shooting your citizens' when if we ever rebelled against our rulers we'd be shot dead in the streets by the army and the country would turn out just like Syria. Don't believe our government would do that? Go see what we did to Malaysia, Indonesia, Kenya and Northern Ireland...
David Graeber quote / rojava
The idea they are somehow carving a government out of that seems unlikely. And they also make the rather … a point you hear a lot of, actually, people will say, “Well, you know, we’ve come to realize in this part of the world, demanding your own country is basically the same as ‘I demand the right to be tortured by secret policemen speaking my own language’.” It’s not much of a demand. So they’ve come around to this idea of bottom-up direct democracy and sort of eliminating borders as the best way that they can come up with something like a Kurdistan that would make sense.
"Standing behind his wife, Philip defined a different kind of masculine ideal"
What are you even supposed to do with this, other than flush it?
It's days like this that remind me how fucking divorced from reality the UK press is at a fundamental level.
Just a slew of bullshit shovelled everywhere, the usual suspects doubling down on shitting nonsense out.
And when you find a cunt, block them if online or just avoid them if in RL.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!