*extremely shameless plug*
Hey visual novel fans!
Do you regret your adolescence?
Feeling left out because all your friends are talking about the complexities of the immigrant experience? Yearn to know how to call someone a motherfucker in 10 different languages?
FRET NO LONGER. You can now buy Four Horsemen on itch.io!!
4 storylines, 9 endings, and 12 homelands full of RAW IMMIGRANT FEELS.
Did you know? Train, my most recent video game, has an entirely Creative Commons soundtrack, featuring 10 tracks of hip-hop, ambient, and jazz?
You can download Train FREE for Mac and PC here! http://gamejolt.com/games/train/235477
I recently had the pleasure of being interviewed about Four Horsemen by historian Bob Whitaker for his History Respawned podcast, which explores the historical context of video games. Have a listen if you wish: https://soundcloud.com/historyrespawned/episode-26-immigrants-refugees-and-games-in-trumps-america-a-conversation-with-kevin-chen
(Would you like to play 4H? Vote for us on Greenlight so we can sell it on Steam! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=908542703)
Four Horsemen is on Steam Greenlight! Our Kickstarter backers loved it and we'd like to give you the chance to play too. Please vote for us so we can sell the game on Steam.
First commit of Four Horsemen was August 28, 2015. Default Ren'Py templates, character art cropped from concept sketches, and the following placeholder photos:
- My bedroom from when I was a teenager
- The high school in my hometown I never attended, shrouded in fog
- A Taipei tax agency office
- Tools from the day my favorite NYC DIY venue opened
- A power drill
And also as placeholder BGM:
- Final battle music from Blue Dragon
- That one song from Genesis of Aquarion everyone loves
Consequences of unfixed bugs after launch at jobs I have had:
1. Billions of dollars vanish overnight. The global economy crashes, taking with it the hopes and dreams of a generation and bringing forth a zeitgeist of existential malaise. Cancer goes uncured. Nations go to war. Climate change intensifies.
2. A mighty corporation buckles and falls. My colleagues are all fired. Friends on H1Bs are deported, forever altering the destinies of their children. Heroes become scapegoats.
3. I lose $30.
"And if I ride that way again
Still you won't catch me pretendin' I could care less if your monarch lives or dies.
I can’t sing my song in this land and it’s not for lack of tryin,
I remember you, I do, no gods or masters but the Lion!"
Brr brr braaaerr braaaer braer braer brerbrerbrerbrerbrer. Brr brr brr braaaaaaaau
yall seen one of the japanese instances? courtesy: https://twitter.com/legumx/status/852551752742305792 https://mastodon.social/media/0w5aVg-BV6wgsk2KegM
That settles it once and for all
Can't argue with the original patent! https://mastodon.social/media/tNAvk9XjHz1mIHZlqbU
I've heard a bunch of people refer to this tic as an English-learning mistake, but it's so distinctive and so common among Indian speakers I'm ready to accept it as a natural part of upper middle class Indian English dialect...and I'll take the effort to make the game read that way too.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!